What is eaHELP?
eaHELP, based in Georgia, has been in business since 2010 with a focus on matching virtual assistants to corporate executives and small business owners.
eaHELP virtual assistants provide support to clients across the United States, and the company has received outstanding reviews from employees and from clients.
I’m always on the lookout for real work from home jobs, so I’ve known about eaHELP for a few years, but I was pleasantly surprised by a few things I found while writing this post for you.
1. eaHELP contracts with professionals other than VAs. As of the date of this post, they are actively recruiting a Virtual Bookkeeper and a Virtual Webmaster.
2. eaHELP’s president is actually the very first virtual assistant that the company hired! A company that promotes their first VA to president is likely very in tune with what their virtual assistants need, and what motivates them.
3. The company has a set of core values that seems to drive everything that they do. It’s been my experience that companies that have published values that they actually adhere to are excellent
places to work and do business with.
As an eaHELP virtual assistant, you will be an independent contractor who is carefully matched with a client, and you are expected to have the knowledge to handle the client’s tasks.
eaHELP is not the company for you if you are just getting started and you want to become a virtual assistant, but they welcome candidates with prior experience.
Virtual Assistants are expected to be able to support senior-level managers. Your responsibilities may include calendar management, research, project management, and various other administrative tasks.
eaHELP does not release pay rates, but according to information provided by a VA on Glassdoor, you can expect to earn between $15 and $17 per hour.
Virtual assistants work part-time, up to 20 hours per week.
Your scheduled hours and days will be negotiated with each client you work for, and could vary. The job posting states that you must be “on call” during regular business hours.
Key qualifications from the job posting:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with managers and teams located remotely preferred
- At least five years experience as an Executive Assistant, Project Manager, or in an administrative support role
- In-home office setup including: Mac or PC Computer with minimum 1.0ghz dual core processor, 8gb, and the most recent version of MS Office installed (all programs; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- High Speed internet access
- Smartphone with email capabilities
- Designated professional, quiet space
eaHELP also wants applicants who are experienced with (or willing to learn) Skype, Dropbox, MS Office, Evernote, CRM software (customer relationship management), and more.
You must have exceptional soft skills, too, such as self-motivation, ability to multi-task, and ability to respond appropriately in various situations.
If you choose to apply, according to every review that addressed it, it will be a multi-step process, including questionnaires, surveys, skills assessments, video interviews, reference checks,
and projects and/or tests that must be completed.
The shortest time cited was 18 days, and the longest was a month from application to hire.
If you’ve worked with eaHELP, or if you’ve applied, please share your experience in comments.